CapEd Crusader Blog

A blog about blogs. Very M.C. Escher-esque in its circularity. This is a blog for educators interested in resources on blog use in education. The ideas expressed in this blog represent those of the authors and not necessarily those of Capital University.

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Enter to win a free........(fill in blank)

Being a "newcomer" to NECC/ISTE I really had NO idea what to expect of the conference. Yes I knew that there would be venders and sessions, but even explanations did not help me comprehend the fact that there would be vendors and vendors and sessions and more sessions. My brain is currently trying to process all my new knowledge and is on overload. The exhibit hall was more than I could have ever imagined. I had attended Ohio schoolnet so I had an idea of the type of information I would receive but I was not prepared for the volume. Every booth had a drawing for some sort of prize. I believe that I entered to win an ipod, a projector, a trip, exc., but considering the fact that 16,000 other people did as well I don't think that my chances are to high. What I did enjoy about the exhibit hall is learning about what is out there. I love seeing what I am hoping to implement someday in my classroom. Often being called a "techie" myself I really enjoy getting into conversations with the representatives at the booths and being able to communicate with them in a common understood language. I attended a few very informative sessions, but the one that I enjoyed most was my session on grant writing that was sponsored by TI (Texas Instruments). I have heard from several of my professors that you can always write grants for money, but they never say how or when. It was very useful to walk away with an entire packet of information that outlined all the major do's and don'ts of grant writing. Plus I am the president of the Education Society on campus and will use the information from the workshop to create a program for my peers back at Cap. I am very excited to dive back into everything tomorrow and see what other information and giveaways :) I can get!

*MSS*

2 Comments:

Blogger Scott A. Edwards said...

The brand NEW! Safelist Autosubmission software XP - blasts your ads to 3.6 Million Safelist recipients at the click of one button.

Automatic-Mailer XP! - 50,000 hits guaranteed to your website every month! - Posts unlimited number of ads - Create unlimited number of profiles - Posts whenever you want! 24/7 - Schedule autosubmission when you are not at home - Sends Html & Text Advertisements.

Order today. Our Software also includes: - Autovalidation feature that automatically validates all your Safelists validation codes - mailbox cleaner feature that automatically keeps your mailboxes clean!

NOW That's an incredible Deal, isn't it? Get Your Astonishing Automatic - Mailer XP Software today!
Click here: AUTO-MAILER

7:35 PM  
Blogger vnusa2000 said...

Since everyone else is chiming in with their own two cents I thought I should chime in with mine. I have tried the new MSDefender and found it disabled some of my "good" programs too. Bummer. blank page remover.

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home